Breaking Our Silence
Please join My Abortion, My Life and Preterm for the
4th Breaking Our Silence: Abortion Story-Sharing Event!
Readers from across the Cleveland community will share real abortion stories-reasons, experiences, values, faith, struggles, triumphs, beliefs, and emotions. Sometimes funny, sometimes heartbreaking, but always thought provoking. And always real. Breaking the mold of what a "normal" abortion must look like.
Monday, November 6, 2017
6:00 - 8:00 pm
We're thrilled to announce the readers who will give voice to these stories:
- Ashlie Case Sletvold, civil-rights attorney at the Chandra Law Firm and mother of two
- Chris Davies, christ-follower, activist, queer femme, pastor
- Marcia Egbert, senior program officer, The George Gund Foundation
- Sandhya Gupta, civil-rights attorney at the Chandra Law Firm
- Jocelyn Hill, community organizer for racial justice with AMP NEO
- Meredith L. King, playwright and consultant
- M. Carmen Lane, founder and director, ATNSC: Center for Healing & Creative Leadership
- Lynn Marie Majewksi, athlete and animal activist
- Bernard McIntyre, security officer
- Mariely Neris Rodríguez, program manager, global citizen, proud choice supporter
- Henry Ng, physician, MetroHealth
- Kelly Novak, director of health education and outreach, Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio
- Elaina Ramsey, executive director, Ohio Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Nicole Thomas, director of community organizing, New Voices for Reproductive Justice
- Ashley, We Testify storyteller
- RA Washington, writer/musician, executive director of Guide To Kulchur Learn House
- Lauren Werber, rabbi
This event will feature American Sign Language interpretation of each story as it is read.
A short reception with light hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar will follow the stories.
We will read stories submitted through the My Abortion, My Life website.
Do you have a personal story about abortion? Submit your story to www.myabortionmylife.org.